Thursday, June 10, 2010

Gulf Oil Spill

Okay...I have a week of vacation time saved up and I wanted to help clean-up the Gulf Oil Spill. Being a shareholder of BP stock, I feel like it is my duty to help. So...here is what has happened when I tried to help.

First of all, I live in West/Central Texas, so I could drive to Louisiana in a day to be ready to help. I sent an email to BP and to the state of Louisiana saying that I am prepared to help. I have a degree in Biology so I am qualified to help a little more than others. Well, I received an email from BP telling me to go to the webpage of Louisiana. I also received an email from Louisiana telling me to register with a third party Volunteer Site. Now...I kind don't want to help because they are making it too hard to physically help.

One thing I am happy about is BP said that once the well is fied they are going to donate a portion of the money made from that well to create a fund to help keep the Gulf Coast and its Wildlife healthy from here on out!

If you find it hard to physically help and want to donate money, please check out these charities that are helping in the Gulf Region.

WorldWildLife.org
EDF.org
Nature.org
Oceana.org

No comments:

Post a Comment